Tuesday, June 25, 2013


///

What have you lost? 


Grief is often spoken about only in terms of someone passing but grief can be so much more. You can grieve a sense of safety, a friendship, aspirations you once held, a job, or many other things. I lost a sense of safety for years and I watched many things slip though my fingers while my fight became too much to handle. But I have been given so much by loss. If my parents didn't divorce, I wouldn't have got a chance to eventually live with my dad while going though cosmetology school and get to know him better. If I didn't have to quit dancing, I wouldn't have been able to work and save up my money for a trip to New York as well as for my camera and computer. On a deeper scale, if I didn't loose touch with myself, I wouldn't have found God.

So when I ask what have you lost, I'm really asking,

What have you been given?


No comments:

Post a Comment