Sunday, June 23, 2013

1 Timothy 4, 5

Just thought I would share some verses that stuck out to me while reading parts of 1 Timothy waiting for the bus to church this morning. 

///

But she who is self-indulgent is dead even while she lives.
1 Timothy 5:6 ESV

If we live for ourselves, we might as well not be living at all. We are children living for our amazing Heavenly Father. The things of this world are not for us to love: "Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you." 1 John 2:15 NLT 

///

For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer. 
1 Timothy 4:4-5 ESV

///

Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.
1 Timothy 4:12 NLT

I've seen this verse float around the internet in a typographic format and I think why is because of how applicable it is to young Christians growing in their faith. People of all ages have something to offer. As someone who is "young" I feel excited to have the responsibility of being an example to other believers (as well as non-believers) entrusted upon me with the armor of God protecting me. It's easy to conform to worldly ideals about how we should live, love, or be pure, but the primary guild is in the word of God and that is where I look to find who I am and who I should be.  

///

Fight the good fight.
1 TImothy 6:12


No comments:

Post a Comment